Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Crazy Remedies

Oh what fun it is to blog on a cold and sick day...HEY!

Blegh, yes I am super sick today. I am congested, coughing and overall just feeling under the weather! So I figured hey(!) I will write a "sick" post about my many (as Shane would call them "crazy") remedies that help me get back on my feet in a jiffy! :]

Normally included in my everyday routine, I will oil pull first thing in the morning. I do have to confess that after I added this into my routine not only did my mouth and teeth feel extra clean, but I noticed that I did not get sick at all in comparison to the prior year of not oil pulling. I do realize after writing this that I could write one whole post on the benefits of oil pulling and why I love it so much (stay tuned for that) but for now I will just share this link with you and leave it at that...
----> OIL PULLING <-----


Ok, besides oil pulling I always like to drink tons of water throughout the day...but it is not always cold or plain. I like to first wake up and drink 2 hot glasses of water with lemon (sometimes ginger), then throughout the day I will always have a bottle of water with me...sometimes it has a mixture of fruit, other times only lemon...it just depends on your preferences! :] Lastly, before I go to sleep I drink one tall glass of water along with one warm glass of lemon water (yes sometimes I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee :[ )  Not only does this help with my immune system, it helps my skin and also helps me sleep consistently through the night!




Along with water I drink a lot of tea...all different kinds... find what you like and drink up! There are so many amazing benefits from drinking tea! I love all kinds of tea, but there are certain types you should be drinking depending on the ailment in which you are trying to aid. Here is a helpful chart with Medicinal teas on it---------------------->






Besides oil pulling, water and tea... I also take supplements. I take one multi-vitamin, a garlic supplement, B12, and sometimes other ones given whatever I am trying to cure.

Let's start first with my multi-vitamin...I LOVE IT!!!!! One of my favorite things about it is that it is all made from plant based products therefore, you can take it on an empty stomach (I always take it first thing in the morning with my warm water)! Most vitamins will make you LAUNCH if you try to take it on an empty stomach (hello major warning signs as to WTF you are putting in your body!?!!?) anyways, it is also made with farm fresh ingredients and it is NON-GMO! woop woop you can read more about it and order it here-----> Mega Foods Vitamin
This vitamin comes in women's, children's, prenatal, and men's...so knock your socks off and use this as a stocking stuffer this year!!!! The gift of health, what could be better!?

I would have to say that garlic HAS GOT TO BECOME ONE OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS...sick or not (but ESPECIALLY when you are sick!) There are so many healing powers that come with garlic...you will feel like a wizard when coming up with some of these concoctions.  When I am sick, as I am today, I will not only take my garlic supplement, but I will eat raw garlic, add garlic to my warm water etc...because ain't nobody got time to be sick! :D 

Here is a link to all the amazing benefits of garlic--->YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND!





In closing, I am sharing this all with you because I truly believe in the power of natural medicine (no I am not against modern medicine...I'm not an idiot) but I do believe that you always have options with your body...and it all boils down to being your choice. You know your body best...do what feels right! Thanks for reading! These are only a select few of my "crazy remedies" so keep an eye out for more updates! :]


XOXOXOOXXOOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment